Raspberry Pi Omni Vision Camera Module V2.1 (8MP)
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module V2 is the new and improved official camera board from the Raspberry Pi Foundation! the Raspberry Pi Camera Board V2 features an ultra-high quality 8 megapixel Sony IMX219 image sensor (up from 5MP on the V1 camera board), and a fixed focus camera lens. The V2 camera module is capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 video.
The module attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of a 15 Pin Ribbon Cable, to the dedicated 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI), which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data to the BCM2835 processor.
- Fixed focus lens on-board
- 150mm CSI camera cable included
- 8 megapixel native resolution sensor-capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images
- Supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 video
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi board via a short ribbon cable
- Camera v2 is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi's preferred operating system
- 1 X Raspberry Pi Omni Vision Camera Module V2.1 (8MP)